Reconstitution and Administration
Reconstitute in 3 Simple Steps Before CroFab Administration1
Watch this video to learn more about how to reconstitute and administer CroFab.
Select and fill syringe with 18 mL of 0.9% sterile saline
Inject sterile saline solution slowly into CroFab vial
Rotate vial 180 degrees and manually invert up to twice per second until no solid material remains in the vial. The entire dose should then be further diluted in 0.9% sterile saline to a total volume of 250 mL.
- Each batch of CroFab is tested for reconstitution time and must reconstitute in <7 minutes2
- Based on data from 72 batches of CroFab, the median time to reconstitute CroFab is 3 minutes
Administer CroFab to Achieve Control1
- After reconstitution, infuse the dose intravenously over 60 minutes1
- The infusion should proceed slowly over the first 10 minutes with careful observation for any allergic reaction
- If no such reaction occurs, the infusion rate may be increased to the full rate until completion1
1. CroFab®. Prescribing information. BTG International Inc.; August 2018. 2. Data on file. BTG International Inc.